Sunday, July 18, 2010

Reservation Fail

As I was double-checking my flight itinerary around midnight last night, I was shocked to find out that my scheduled departure flight was 12 hours earlier than I thought.  Instead of a PM time slot, I was leaving on the AM.  This was the first time I goofed up on my reservation.  (I was trying so hard to believe that it was a computer glitch.)  It was supposed to be a red-eye flight, now I am literally going to have red eyes for lack of sleep.  Needless to say, I panicked because I wasn't packed and I was scheduled to preach the next morning.   

I inquired as to how much it would cost to change the flight to a later one, and the reservation agent matter-of-factly said that I would have to shell out over $600.  Who, in their right mind, would agree to pay that much to reschedule a flight just a few hours later?  

Well, I got my luggage packed, sermon re-assigned, and sanity checked.  I arrived at Portland International Airport a good hour prior to departure, ready for what the church conference has in store for us this week.  I am headed to Orlando, Florida, for what promises to be a great week meeting old and new friends, listening to awesome theologians, and having a grand time in Mickey's world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment